Thursday, March 31, 2005

Reducing stress of our education system

I always feel a need to point out the waste of tax dollars, but I am also one to say when the government has attempted to save money.
By forcing businesses to put up signs everywhere where food is served, telling people (particularly staff) to wash their hands when they are done in the washroom.
Now you might say “hey, hold on, how does that save money?” Well, let me tell you. The places we all were taught to wash our hands after doing number 1 or 2 was kindergarten and at home.
Parents telling children to do anything anymore seems to be on the decline as it will cause them to stunt their growth as individuals or out of fear that they will write a book later in life.
Over the years it has been left to the kindergarten teachers to provide valid reasons to be sanitary. Take for example that people are leaving the education system without the ability to do math or write as these are considered too concrete for the liberal society that we all live in. (I actually heard it said once 2+2 can be 5 you just have to think differently.)
My guess is that the Ontario government is making hygiene the next boundary, it seems sharing and manners just got dropped along the way.
So now we will just put signs everywhere saying things like “not to pick their nose because their head will cave in” or “don’t punch people it’s not acceptable” and reduce the kindergarten process to learning colors which will mean that teachers no longer require a degree so we can continue to pay them less.
The fact is that people who know better will wash their hands when they finished doing number 1 or 2. They do this because they do not want to ingest any germs when they eat their burger. While non-hand washers ignore the rules of society, the rest of us get to pick up their health care tab when they land in the hospital with e-coli.
Putting signs up that say wash your hands are the equivalent of telling people please remember to inhale.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're assuming that the people "reading" the signs will be literate enough to understand what's meant. Perhaps we'll really move to the universal pictograms so that we don't have to learn to write.

9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will admit it I have a college certificate in Office Administration - General that says I'm sopouse to be able to read write and do any thing the boss wants me too.
Well guess what I have a High school certificate too and that doesn't mean I can spell or read correctly or even understand.
I still remember in Grade 6 they took me out of French because I was mixing the two of them up.
To this day I still can't spell as well as I should. Don't even get me started on trying to do Grammer or puncuation. The school system is horriable. I hate to say it but I shouldn't have gone on to college. I should have failed English some where along the line.
Surprisingly I am able to make it through society but the catch is I have to cover it up. Which they seem to teach you in school really well is to cover up and get away with it.
The school system has failed Canadians in several ways.
My boyfriend is from the states and knows more than me and when I had Grade 12 math he had already done it in Grade 6. So what does that say about are education system compared to USA. Along with how many people are on Welfare because of the education system.
I love the Governments was of wasting money on just marking me an IEP(Individual Education Plan) student instead of fixing it.
Stupid Government!!

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home